Personal Information Collection Statement
When using our website, the British Council may collect personal information about you. Such personal information will be collected and stored in the United Kingdom.
The British Council will use the personal information that you are providing to it for the following purposes:
· establishing a customer relationship and to communicate with you;
· processing the sale of materials purchased by you from the British Council;
· supplying you with the materials purchased by you from the British Council;
· preparing statistical information and research in relation to the materials offered by the British Council;
· meeting any disclosure requirements imposed by law or regulatory authorities on the British Council; and
· fulfilling any other directly related purposes to those listed above.
If you do not provide us the British Council with your personal information, we cannot provide our services to you.
In addition, the British Council may also use and disclose your personal information for promotional or marketing purposes (including direct marketing) to send you promotional materials in relation to any new market intelligence reports or related products or services. If you do not wish to receive such promotional and marketing materials from us, uncheck the box above titled ‘I would like to receive IHE News and updates’
Personal information will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your personal information collected by the British Council may be transferred and disclosed to any of the following parties for the purposes as specified above:
· any related companies or organisations of the British Council;
· any universities or higher educational institutions;
· any person (including agents, affiliates, contractors or third party service providers) who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or other services to the British Council in relation to the British Council website; and
· any governmental, regulatory or judicial bodies to enable them to carry out their regulatory / judicial functions or pursuant to an information request.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you consent to the British Council using the information that you are giving us where necessary for the legitimate business of the council.
We, or the transferees above, will never contact you about products and services not directly related to our products and services without first obtaining your permission.
You have the right to ascertain what type of personal information the British Council holds, whether the British Council holds your personal information and, if so, the right to request access to and to request correction of any personal information concerning you held by the British Council
A reasonable fee may be charged to offset our administrative and actual costs in complying with the access requests.